The SEO Project Management Jedi Challenge: May the seoPM Force Be With You

16 comments

Almost a month ago (time flies, doesn't it?) I had the opportunity to share a story at MozCon about SEO Project Management (seoPM) with guidelines to enhance the management of the SEO process and achieve more effective results. Since I know you're all quite busy and may need a reminder on the topic, I wanted to check in to see if you're really following the guidelines I shared... in a very fun way, of course. I present to you: an seoPM challenge!

Prepare yourself first with Yoda's seoPM advice from MozCon

For those who did not attend MozCon or skipped my SEO Project Management (seoPM) presentation on Friday morning (too much party the night before, perhaps?), take a look and prepare yourself for the seoPM Jedi challenge by checking out Yoda's seoPM advice:

Test your seoPM Force by taking the seoPM Jedi Challenge

Now that you've seen the seoPM guidelines shared at MozCon, our SEO stormtrooper consultant friend (who, at the end of the presentation, was already feeling the seoPM Force and knew he could be successful at it) invites us to take an seoPM Jedi Challenge to test our skills... Let's take it!

The seoPM Jedi Master Test
Do you want to save it, print it, or share it? You can download this image or a higher resolution one.

There may be additional seoPM guidelines to be followed, but these are the most important principles and tips shared during MozCon. I'll share additional seoPM guidelines in future episodes, along with challenges that you will be invited to take to keep your seoPM Jedi Master status.

My seoPM Jedi Challenge Results

As it is said in Spanish, I will preach with the example: After taking the tests the result I got is that I'm an seoPM Jedi Master.

Aleyda Solis - seoPM Jedi Master

Don't get me wrong, this result doesn't mean I haven't made seoPM mistakes. Remember that you need to answer according to you latest seoPM experience, so the status can change easily. This is intentional so that you always keep following the seoPM guidelines.

The truth is, I've experienced many different situations that I've learned from along the way. I've been doing SEO since 2007 and have had a variety of different roles since then. I've worked on the agency side as an SEO consultant and afterwards as the head of the SEO department. I've also been an In-House SEO and an external freelance SEO consultant.

As you imagine, most of the stories shared by our SEO stormtrooper consultant friend at MozCon are mine, too, in some way or another. Nonetheless, I can say that after I started following Yoda's guidelines (and that are tested in the seoPM Jedi challenge), the SEO projects I manage are more effective, my clients are happier, and, of course, I'm an even happier SEO:

Life with and without seoPM
Disclaimer: These photos were not taken exactly at the time when the described events happened... but I promise my reaction was very similar.

This doesn't mean that if you don't follow the seoPM guidelines, you won't be able to achieve sucessful seoPM projects, or if you do, your projects are going to be perfect and issue-free. However, I'm positive that if you take these guidelines, customize them to your situation, and follow them in your every day SEO work, you will achieve your results more effectively.

Now it's your turn: Share your seoPM Jedi test results and challenge an SEO friend

I hope that we all start taking these guidelines into consideration, identifying our own situations with them, and challenging ourselves and our SEO friends to follow them.

So, as I need to challenge another SEO to get this going... I want to challenge Gianluca to take the test, share his seoPM results (and experiences) with us, and then challenge another SEO (who hasn't taken the test before) to give it a try.

Here are the different seoPM challenge badges so you can publish them along your results:

I'm an seoPM Padawan BadgeI'm an seoPM Jedi knight BadgeI'm an seoPM Jedi Master Badge

Good luck with your seoPM Jedi Challenge tests. I look forward to learning about your results and stories!




16 comments

August 14, 2013 at 2:04 AM



Thanks for sharing fabulous information. It' s my pleasure to read it.I have also bookmarked you for checking out new posts.by PSY 201 Week 1 Assignment

Reply
July 23, 2015 at 8:25 PM

I like it very much,very good post.
----
i like play game clickjogos online free and apply baixar facebook online free and apply baixar mobogenie online free

Reply
August 28, 2015 at 1:52 AM

Thanks for sharing this article.Really looking forward to read more.Digital Marketing Training Courses In Coimbatore

Reply
September 5, 2015 at 4:04 AM

Your posts are simply fabulous and inspiring . Thanks for the inspiration!

Reply
Anonymous
January 2, 2016 at 3:18 AM

Thanks for sharing useful post regarding website promotion. Before start website promotion work you should optimized website in proper way like you mansion step by step techniques in your post. || Smo Package Plans in Mumbai || Seo Package Plans in Mumbai || PPC Advertising Services in Mumbai

Reply
Anonymous
January 2, 2016 at 3:19 AM

The post is absolutely fantastic! Lots of great information and inspiration both of which we all need! Also like to admire the time and effort you put into your blog. For more info visit. SEM company in Mumbai || SMO Services in Mumbai || SMO Company in Mumbai

Reply
Anonymous
January 2, 2016 at 3:19 AM

This is very important Post I have found here.This information is very required for new blog or newly working on Online Marketing.Thanks for sharing this information. SEO Mumbai || SEO Services in Mumbai || SEO company in Mumbai

Reply
Anonymous
January 2, 2016 at 3:20 AM


Great blog. Thanks for share this post. It may helpful for all newbie bloggers, i really appreciate
SMM Services in Mumbai || SEM Services in Mumbai || SMM Company in Mumbai

Reply
April 10, 2016 at 11:44 PM

Wonderful post! You've made some very astute observations and I am thankful for the the effort you have put into your writing. Its clear that you know what you are talking about. I am looking forward to reading more of your sites content.
happy wheels online | coolmath games | run 3 game | happy wheel online | cool maths 4 kids | game run 3 online

Reply
December 23, 2016 at 12:26 AM

Hello Everybody,
My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

BORROWERS APPLICATION DETAILS


1. Name Of Applicant in Full:……..
2. Telephone Numbers:……….
3. Address and Location:…….
4. Amount in request………..
5. Repayment Period:………..
6. Purpose Of Loan………….
7. country…………………
8. phone…………………..
9. occupation………………
10.age/sex…………………
11.Monthly Income…………..
12.Email……………..

Regards.
Managements
Email Kindly Contact: urgentloan22@gmail.com

Reply
October 5, 2017 at 12:18 AM

Thank you for your post, I look for such article along time, today i find it finally. this post give me lots of advise it is very useful for me

instagram online

Reply
October 6, 2017 at 8:50 PM

This is just awesome! There is a lot to be learned here, beyond the excellent checklist. I love the way you took existing content and turned it into something interactive, share-worthy and truly unique. We're going to get a BIG print of this and post it in the office. Thank you!

Reply
October 16, 2017 at 3:15 AM

These ways are very simple and very much useful, as a beginner level these helped me a lot thanks fore sharing these kinds of useful and knowledgeable information.
Microsoft Azure Training in Chennai

Reply
January 30, 2018 at 12:26 AM

Your blog posts are more interesting and impressive. I think there are many people like and visit it regularly, including me.I actually appreciate your own position and I will be sure to come back here.
brtaram

Reply

Thanks for sharing the information.
Quickbooks Technical Support Phone Number

Reply
October 26, 2021 at 12:15 AM

Really Find this blog helpful. Thanks for sharing it. Will Definitely wait for your next post.

Thanks & Regards
Writearn

Reply
Post a Comment